I'm halfway through the 30x30 Capsule Wardrobe Challenge, and I can say that I'm really surprised by how easy it has been. Another surprise is that I still haven't gotten to a lot of the pieces in my capsule, instead falling back again and again on some of my favorites. Also, even though I didn't limit the jewelry and shoes I could wear, I've been wearing mostly the same favorite pieces in those departments as well.
I think my main takeaway is that 30 items is almost too many to really feel like a compact wardrobe that doesn't take a lot of thought. At least it is when you don't count accessories. If I do this again in the future, I will definitely challenge myself to include shoes and accessories in the count.
Here is a week's worth of typical outfits from my June capsule. I start the week with dresses and statement accessories. By Thursday I'm craving the simplicity of a denim tux with minimal jewelry. On Friday, a maxi dress takes me from the office to afterwork drinks. Saturday's outfit is perfect for hiking at a state park, while Sunday's is all about relaxing outside with a cold drink, a book, and a hat to keep the sun off my face.
If you missed it, I posted about the 30x30 Capsule Wardrobe Challenge when I started it a couple weeks ago. Read that here.
Also, keep an eye out for an upcoming video featuring capsule wardrobe outfits as well as an update at the end of the month about what worked and what didn't.
CREDITS: Monday: dress – Anthropologie |cardigan – Anthropologie | boots – Target | earrings – Etsy | necklace – Madewell | Tuesday: jeans – J.Brand | t-shirt – Anthropologie | belt – Moschino | boots – Jeffrey Campbell | necklace – Madewell | earrings – Madewell | ring – Anthropologie | Wednesday: dress – Anthropologie | jacket – Anthropologie | boots – Jeffrey Campbell | necklace – Forever 21 | Thursday: jeans – J.Brand | shirt – Anthropologie | boots – Jeffrey Campbell | necklace – Forever 21 | earrings – Etsy | Friday: dress – Anthropologie | jacket – Anthropologie | boots – Target | pouch – Moorea Seal | necklace – Madewell | earrings – Madewell | ring – Anthropologie | Saturday: shorts – Target | t-shirt – Anthropologie | socks – Free People | boots – thrifted | hair tie – Madewell | necklace – Urban Outfitters | Sunday: skirt – Target | t-shirt – Anthropologie | jacket – Anthropologie | boots – Target | hat – unknown | earrings – Madwell | necklace – Madewell
UPDATE: I want to thank Independent Fashion Bloggers for featuring this post in their weekly roundup. See the full list below.
Links à la Mode, June 18
- A Glamorous Revelation: What We're Watching - The Best of Summer Television
- A Handful of Stories: Dreaming of Amsterdam
- A la Modest: I Don't 'Prefer' White People
- Attire Club: How to Wear a Floral Shirt
- Booksih & Belle: 30 x 30 Capsule Wardrobe Outfits
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Current Crushing - Summer Festival Vibes
- Curvy Girls are Chic: DIY Watson Bra Creation
- Fashion Blender: DIY London's Men's Fashion Week Street Style
- FashIlluminous: How to Take Your Look From Day to Night
- Kindly, Sheree: Tips on Getting that Internship
- Les Assorties': Tete a Tete: An Interview with Natasha Marie Athanasiadou
- Lil Mis JB Style: How to Dress up a Shirt Dress
- Riva la Diva: DIY Kate Spade Stripey Dress
- Savoir Style: 6 Ways to Get On-Board the Fringe Trend
- That Paki Blog: An Interview with Pakistan's First Men's Fashion Instagram Star: Dappistan
- The Sugar Ribbon Blog: Sweet Summer Shoes We Love
- This Season's Gold: Gladiator Sandals and Fringe
- What 2 Wear Where: Dressing for Summer Concerts
- What Pixies Wear: Resort 2016 Trend Report
- XO Style Stalker: Jurassic World Fashion | Dino from Head to Toe