After reducing my wardrobe by half using the Konmari method, I've felt a deeper appreciation for the things I own. So, I thought participating in the 30x30 capsule wardrobe challenge might be a good way to intensify that appreciation.
The idea is that you select 30 items of clothing and remix them for 30 days. The way I'm doing it, these items include tops, bottoms, dresses, and outerwear, but they do not include:
- Pajamas and loungewear
- Workout wear
- Socks and underwear
Some people include shoes, but I live in the city and do a lot of walking so I want the freedom to switch up my footwear in case one pair starts irritating me.
I'll start the challenge on June 1st and continue through the end of June. Here are the pieces I've chosen for the challenge.
I also made the video below to give you a better idea of the pieces I've chosen, my thinking behind each one, and what they look like on. (Plus I wanted to start getting back into video blogging).
I'm excited to see how this challenge goes. Wish me luck!
01. J Brand | 02. Madewell | 03. J Brand | 04. Target | 05. Madewell | 06. Target | 07. Fred Flare | 08. Anthropologie | 09. Anthropologie | 10. Anthropologie | 11. Anthropologie | 12. Etsy | 13. Anthropologie | 14. Anthropologie | 15. Anthropologie | 16. Anthropologie | 17. Vintage | 18. Anthropologie | 19. Anthropologie | 20. Anthropologie | 21. Anthropologie | 22. Anthropologie | 23. Anthropologie | 24. Anthropologie | 25. Anthropologie | 26. Gap | 27. Anthropologie | 28. Anthropologie | 29. Madewell | 30. Madewell
UPDATE: I want to thank Independent Fashion Bloggers for featuring this post in their weekly roundup. See the full list below.
Links à la Mode: June 4
- A Handful of Stories: Paris 2015—My Moveable Feast
- Attire Club: Best Menswear Looks at the CFDA Awards 2015
- Bookish & Belle: The 30x30 Wardrobe Challenge
- Dress Code: High Fashion: The Stunning Jewelry of Cannes Film Festival 2015
- Everyday Starlet: Fitness for Fashion Bloggers
- Fashion Blender: Bold Graphic Statements
- Fashion Studio Magazine: 8 Tips to Refresh Your Makeup This Summer
- Fashion Tales Blog: Useful Apps Volume 2
- Head 2 Heels: Traveling and Taking Photos Without a Photographer
- Jodi's Touch of Style: Bright Pink for the '50s, '60s & '70s
- Les Assorties': An Interview with Ormary Founder Merita Memisi
- Montgomery Fest: Style on Deck
- Pudding Monster: Why You Should Dress Well to Feel Better
- Riva La Diva: DIY Anthropologie Circlet Vida Skirt
- Storybook Apothecary: How to Live Like a Mermaid All Summer Long
- Trendy Techie: Meet the Rocket Scientists Who Are Reinventing the Heel
- The Sweet Seed: Top Summer Fashion Trends
- We Are Ready Made: Soviet Cool
- What 2 Wear Where: Cork Shoes for Summer Style and Comfort
- Whimsy Soul: Treasure Island Flea Market