I made the Lolita Dress today and nearly finished the Tea Dress. All I have left to do on the Tea Dress is adjust the front darts a bit and sew on the two decorative buttons. I might change the sleeves a little too. I don't love them as is.
Here's how my sewing went today...
Then, I sewed darts int he front and back bodice pieces.
After sewing the bodice pieces together at the shoulders and sewing the yoke pieces together, I sewed the yoke to the bodice neckline, sandwiching black piping in the seam.
I sewed solid yellow bias binding to the arm holes and sewed the bodice up the sides.
I sewed the skirt pieces up the sides and hemmed the skirt.
I gathered the top of the skirt using my favorite method.
Then, I sewed the skirt up the back from the hem to the base of where the zipper would start and hand basted the rest of the way up.
Then, I topstitched around their edges.
This was the first time I worked with silk chemise, and, while it wasn't so hard in some ways (the slipperiness didn't make sewing seams all that hard), it was difficult in unexpected ways (the darts are a little bumpy and need to be fixed.) It was a long day though, so I decided to get some rest and attach the changes another day.